Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sylvia Does Not Exist

Well...last Friday I started feeling worse stomach-wise and decided I needed to go to the doctor. My teacher went with me to translate what she could into English and what she could not, into Spanish words I know. The doctor looked at my original test results and proclaimed that I never had an amoeba. The flagyl attacked my system causing much inflammation of my stomach and colon. He gave me some homeopathic injections and medicine. I´ve pretty much been bed-ridden the past two days and am only eating soup and drinking gatorade. In my current condition, all I want to do is buy a plane ticket to Seattle and go stay with my sister. However, I would be extremely disappointed if I didn't at least get to see more of Guatemala before heading back to the States. My new plan is to stay in Xela one more week then go with two classmates from Germany to Antigua for a bit. If I´m feeling better, then I will try and visit Lago de Atitlan and Tikal. I don't think I'm going to make it 6 months at this point. Maybe I´ll try and be with my family for the holidays then visit friends on the West Coast before heading back to New York. Plans are in constant flux.

2 comments:

wind said...

well dang! even if you go back to the states, i hope you continue blogging.

lteusink said...

Hi, Tracy, why don't you think you will last six months? Is it because you're not feeling well physically? Are you maybe passing through some threshold of discomfort on the way to blissful wandering? Not that I wouldn't want to see you soon, I just wonder if you would regret coming back prematurely. Maybe you should wait and see who wins the election! :)