Sunday, September 7, 2008

!Hasta luego!

On September 15th I will fly to Guatemala for the beginning of a 7 month journey. The past year and a half have been spent working at the library during the week and doing massage on weekends in order to pay off my credit cards and save enough money to make this trip possible.

My last day at the spa was on August 31st and my last day at the library was September 5th. Yes, it's true, I'm finally quitting the library for good! I can barely believe it myself.

I plan on spending about 3 months in Guatemala studying Spanish and volunteering. After that, I'll travel throughout the rest of Central America and maybe into South America if time and money allow. I plan on traveling up the West Coast of the States in March or April and visiting family and friends in Cali, Oregon, and Washington. For the Left Coasters... let me know if you'll be around and I'll try and swing by! I'd love to see everyone.

2 comments:

wind said...

boy voyage! i'm excited for you. looking forward to reading about your adventures.

quiltingsword.com

Sherman Clarke said...

may the spirits be with you. love the title (and will let sommer know).